Pages

Monday, January 17, 2022

Aligning Templates

A few weeks ago, a Stampin' Up! demonstrator that I follow on YouTube posted a video about making more handmade cards.  You can see her video here.

I loved her suggestions, but being the perfectionist that I am, I had to go one step further.  (I also have a tremor that makes crafting difficult at times.)  So, I used my Cricut to create a template for the layout that Dena shared.  Then, I decided to make a few alterations to her design and cut even more templates.

Here are the templates; actually, there's a fourth one but I haven't cut it yet. If you have a Cricut, you can access the templates on Design Space here.  The numbers on each one are the dimensions of the pieces to be cut. I placed the template on top of my card front and adhered the dsp in the openings.


This card was made using her design. I made my own dsp by randomly stamping with my new Lucky You stamp set; the sentiment is from Hello Beautiful. (I see that the top strip is a little bit off from the others.  I always say that in card making there are no mistakes, only opportunities.)


This is one variation that I also created. I used an old pack of dsp and stamped the sentiment from Lucky You.








No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!