Pages

Friday, January 2, 2015

January 2015 Tag

Well, it is officially 2015.  I haven't made any resolutions ... never do (not that I'm perfect, it's just that I'm not perfect and could never keep up a resolution for more than two days).  Rather, this tag highlights some words and concepts that are important to me and should be at the forefront of my mind throughout the entire year.

I love looking at the tags that Tim Holtz makes each month.  They are such mouthwatering tidbits of creativity.  Although I don't participate each month, I do enjoy all of the ideas as well as the creative process.  I frequently call upon those ideas on my own projects.  This month, however, decided to use Tim's tag while still making it my own. Check out his by clicking on the picture below.
12 tags of 2015 - January | www.timholtz.com
 
I have to say that he does an outstanding job explaining each step in the creative process.  I also like how he doesn't expect an exact duplicate of his tag; instead he suggests using it as an inspiration (although it is okay to recreate his tag). I don't have many of the products he used, so I improvised.
 
 
Doesn't this tag sparkle? I used several Perfect Pearls for the edges as well as flicking them over the entire tag since I don't have the spatter brush.
 
I cut the word happy three times (and stacked them together) from my Mama Elephant Happy Die. Happy is my word for this year.  I painted it black and then added bronze and brass stains with white outlining.

Finally, here are some closer views of the top and bottom portions of the tag.  I love this tag, and I think it will sit on a counter where I will be able to see it every day.


Here's wishing you and yours a very Happy New Year.  I hope that it's the best it can be!

sig3new

13 comments:

  1. Really like your take on Tim's January tag - how you created the happy word, and your year numbers are subtly in the background. Your perfect pearls spritzing shows up well in the photograph. I couldn't get the same on mine... Happy creating in the new year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah .. NICE tag. I love the spritzing.

    Happy New Year to you and yours!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the background, the key word of your year, the details of your January tag!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great take on Tim's Tag! FABULOUS! Karen.x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your creative and happy tag. Fantastic!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congrats on your win and your creative tag.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful! Your word of the year is my favorite part...love the dimentionand texture.
    Congratulations on your win~be HAPPY!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the color and sparkle of your tag! Congrats on your win.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Love seeing your improvisations with materials- I often have missing items and its helpful to see how others make it work. Great color palate and sparkle.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very nice tag. I especially like the happy sentiment. Congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great take on Tim's January tag! Congratulations! Looks like you and I chose a similar color palette for this tag!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I REALLY like your tag. I love the way you did the 2015..the way you positioned the numbers is sooo clever. It turned out beautiful...the prettiest one of all the winners...keep up the good work. You inspired me greatly!! Dawn

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!