Pages

Friday, December 24, 2021

The great tag project ... round 2: cemetery

The word for this tag is cemetery. This tag is special to me because it features my parents’ grave.  It has been 15 years since my mom died, and dad has been gone for 12 years.  Sometimes it seems like yesterday, and sometimes a long time ago.

See that twig on the left side and across the bottom of the tag? I picked it up on the same day that I took the photo, just so that I could have something to remind me of them. Now Sister is going to have it in her possession.


I created a pocket on the front of the tag using some special cardstock. Notice how the pull on the “drawer” says Happy Thoughts? Well, I always have happy thoughts of my parents. I used a die that I have to create the piece that is secreted in the pocket.


Here’s the tag pulled out.  I photographed their headstone when we were up north. Sorry, but privacy requires that the demographic information is blurred out.


I absolutely love this flower. Again, my Cricut came to the rescue! The gauze adds just the right shabby chic feel to the flower, and I cut a leaf out of a fabric sample to finish it off.

Be sure to come back tomorrow to see the next tag!



4 comments:

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!