Pages

Sunday, January 27, 2013

One crafty creature

So, how did I come up with this name for my blog?  Was it a result of hours of desperate mind activity (aka thinking)?  Was it a name I've used before?  Nope, neither one of these.  It's because every other name idea was already taken.

I've done crafts for as long as I can remember.  Counted cross stitch.  Ceramics. Sewing. Photography.  Digital scrapbooking.  Now I am on a papercrafting kick ... mostly card making.  I have my sister to thank for that!  She always has the most beautiful cards.  She always tries to bring me over to the dark side.  In fact, she even says that digiscrappers are lazy scrappers!  How dare she?

I should be cleaning up my crafting area from my most recent card-a-thon. Rather than tackling that unpleasant chore (when will I learn to put things away as I go?),  I decided that it was time to create a crafting blog.  (Yes, sister, I AM a procrastinator!)

Enjoy your visits!

Oh, and here's a photo of my very first card! I used my Cricut Expression 2 along with Cricut Craft Room.  What a challenge that was!

Here's my most recent card ... I think I have learned a few things in just a few months <g>


2 comments:

  1. Yeaaaaahhhhh! Dodie is no longer a "pretend scrapper" and she HAS crossed over to the dark side. Bet she never pretends any more. It's addicting! Thanks for the nice compliment! Yes, you should always put all of your supplies away after each card. A cluttered workspace dulls the creativity. Ask me how I know this ... Just wait until you get the huge box of supplies that will go out in tomorrow's mail. You'll have to rethink your whole playground configuration. Promise! Keep advancing as quickly as you are and you'll be nipping at my heels before I know it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the good thoughts, Sue!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!