Pages

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Two tags

I spent a lot of time last night on Tammy Tutterow's site learning how to ink a tag.  Today, I don't know what came over me ... I HAD to make one!  Well, one wasn't enough ... a second tag followed the first.



The details:  tag is 4.25 x 9.5 (roughly).  I used the Plantin Schoolbook cartridge for the cut.  The cut was followed by a bunch of layers of Tim Holtz's Distress Ink (Frayed Burlap, Vintage Photo, Fired Brick, Broken China, Black Soot, Forest Moss).  I flicked water on it to make it even more distressed.  I also stamped a script stamp in the Forest Moss. Then I used a Copper Glitter embossing powder on the edges.  I also used my homemade sparkle mist in a golden metallic.

The pennant was a gift from my sister.  I dabbed it with the black soot.  The flower is a layer beginning with greenery topped with a plastic flower that I smudged with Black Soot.  I was afraid that it wouldn't dry, so I used the heat tool. Surprise!  It began to curl and shrink.  Cool beans!  Then I layered some paper flowers that were also misted with the gold metallic spray.  The corner boasts a small metallic embellishment with the word "Inspire".  I added a flourish to the top and tied it with a bow through an old button from some long-forgotten article of clothing.  Finally, some gorgeous, silky yarn is tied through the hole.


Tag two has most of the same features as the first tag.  It's a bit larger at 4.5 x 10.5 (again ... approximate dimensions - I am too lazy to go measure it!).  I also used my new purchase of Dusty Concord ... a beautiful purple!  I used it to stamp the script as well.

The differences in this tag include a metal mesh that my neighbor gave to me.  I sprayed a white flower with some more homemade purple metallic mist.  There's a flourish on the top that I embossed with purple embossing powder.  I used some white paint to distress the tag in the lower corner that reads "Appreciate".

I'm glad I spent the time learning how to do this.  My fingertips are stained a glorious shade which is really cool.  Enjoy!


2 comments:

  1. Yubba Dubba Do. Nobody would ever guess you're new at this when they see these tags. Wahoo!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. They turned out so pretty! I am so glad that the information on my blog helped! Thank you for sharing the link with me!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!