Pages

Thursday, July 11, 2013

12 tags of 2013 - July version

So, I've been reading all of Tim Holtz's blog. I am getting so psyched, learning so many new things. He has a tutorial every month to teach how to make a tag; usually it's specific to whatever holiday is celebrated for that month. Here's the tag he created for the Fourth of July ....


And I couldn't stop at just one tag ... I had to make two!

I won't bore anyone with all of the details of what I did.  But there are some things that I am quite impressed with. (Insert me patting myself on the back with no shame whatsoever <grin>.)


First, I used my Expression2 to cut the tags and the words for the tags. Next, I couldn't find a flag at the store small enough to fit on the tag. Not to be stymied by that, I just went online to find a flag graphic, printed it, inked it and then put it together with a skewer.  


I used the same idea for the Liberty Bell. Cool beans!


Sister gave me a ton of "things" to use since I am just starting out. (Do Joann's and Michael's trade on the stock market?  I am keeping them in business!) I used a star she sent, inked with Faded Jeans Distress Ink.


The tinsel came from a wreath that I made a few years ago. It was the perfect addition to the bottom of the tag. I used my little individual letters to create the "let" and "ring" words which I attached with foam tape. Another challenge I met was how to attach the word freedom since it overlapped the tag. I ran it through my Xyron, putting a piece of paper behind the parts that overlapped so that they wouldn't get adhesive on them.(Hey, my momma didn't raise no dummy!)


Here are individual views of each tag ....

   

2 comments:

  1. Ohhhhhhh la la ... and all the fireworks to go with it!
    kosec@sbcglobal.net

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on getting the July tag done! Thanks so much for joining us at Inspiration Journal. =)

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!