Pages

Friday, December 9, 2016

April "Theme"

 
The theme choices for the month of April (my choice is bold) were: April Fool's Day, Arbor Day, Tax Day.
 
 
 
 
I used two of the techniques that Tim Holtz showed on his January 2015 tag of the month.  It's hard to see it, but if you look closely you can see the word treasury on the right inside of the 1 circle.  By the way, this tag of mine was a winner for that month!
 
Because money and gold are associated with each other, I used some gold glitter on the letters and numbers.  I cut the letters with my Cricut Explore in the Don Juan font.  Then I used a Black Soot Distress Crayon and a water brush to put a faint shadow around everything.
 
 
I had a quarter in my stash from a long time ago that I took off of another tag someone had given me.  A quick jump ring addition was all it took to attach it to the seam binding at the top.
 
 
Finally, I glued on some real money; at first it was just a nickel, dime and penny, but with the addition of the quarter and another nickel it now had 46 cents ... a number important to my sister.
 

sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Cool. Green for money! Thanks for pointing out "treasury" ... never would have found it on my own! Also never would have noticed the shadows - great technique.

    Oh - and we won't talk about the number that's important to me. Nope. Ain't talkin' about it.

    Good job on this tag!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    PS - Congratulations on your tag win, too.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!