Pages

Saturday, December 24, 2016

December "Person"


Sister sent me three photos, and she was “sure” that I would use the one of the limo. Yes, I was definitely interested in it, but I saw a lot more design possibility in the one that I chose (the little girl).
I saw the bubble wrap in the picture, and knew immediately that I would use Tim’s bubble wrap stamp.  Rather than trying to imitate the girl’s dress, I used Tim’s dress form and cut out a pink, white and black dress from one of the (numerous) paper pads that I purchased at convention.
I had just purchased the Cricut Graphically Speaking cartridge, and the word “girl” was included in it.  I cut it out of plain cardstock, colored it with Hickory Smoke Distress Ink and then added several layers of UTEE to give it a glossy shine. The dress form is mounted on an Action Wobble because I imagine that the little girl was all fidgety while shopping.
Journaling on the back:  Sue thought I would use the picture of the limo. It did cross my mind, but I decided to use the girl instead. See the bubble wrap dots on the tag? They mimic the bubble wrap on the shelf. This was a fun one for sure!



Here is her original photo:





sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Of course, I asked permission to take her picture explaining to her mamma that she 'might' be on social media. It was my suggestion that I do not capture her face (besides, her hair was beautiful.) When she told her daughter to go stand "over there," she did - and turned around to face me and smiled and posed. Her mamma said to turn around and the little girl said "Doesn't the lady want a picture of my face?" ... how cute was that? I still chuckle when I think back (a year ago already!) about taking this picture,

    The Action Wobble was a good choice behind the dress form and it's just perfect that there's no face.

    Great tag.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!