Pages

Sunday, December 18, 2016

September "Person"




 
Sister sent this photo of a little girl with ribbon tied around her foot.  Was it in place of a shoe?  I don't know.  There's a honeycomb decoration on the furniture behind the foot, and I knew that Tim's honeycomb on the edge die was a perfect match.  I cut it out of grey cardstock and added several layers of clear embossing powder to give it a shiny look, similar to the real thing.
 

I actually had to make a trip to Joann's to get the ribbon.  From the picture, it appears that it is a close, if not perfect, match.  The little girl's foot was so fancy-schmansy that I knew that a diamond flourish was a perfect addition!

 
See how the ribbon is criss-crossed on her foot?  I mimicked that on the card.  Cool beans!
 
 
My bow-tying skills leave something to be desired, so I went shopping in my stash for something inspired by the poufy bow on her foot.  The black organza flower that I made about two years ago was perfect!  And I had already embossed it with some really cool embossing powder ... the same stuff I used on the reinforcer on the top of the tag.  What a coincidence, huh?
 

 
 
sig3new

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!