Pages

Friday, December 23, 2016

November "Theme"

The theme choices for the month of November were (my choice is in bold): 
Daylight Savings Time Ends / Election Day / Veterans’ Day / Thanksgiving / Black Friday / Cyber Monday


For this tag, I used some of the features of Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of 2016 November edition, even though I am not going to enter it into the competition.  You see, all of these tags are a surprise.  (I'm writing the blog posts ahead of time.)






When I was going through my stash to find something to use for the flower centers, I came across the numbered brads.  The 12 and the 26 are symbolic because they are the days of our parents' deaths.  Of course, the lucky token is because sister and I were truly lucky to have wonderful parents who raised us in a loving atmosphere.  We might not have been financially rich, but we were definitely rich in our parent's love.  I used some copper alcohol ink to color the brads and token. 

The "We Give Thanks" banner was written and cut on my Cricut Explore.  Love that machine!






sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Indeed, we were "rich" in love! Even though we didn't always have extra money, they always provided us with the necessities. We never went hungry, we always had a roof over our heads and clothes on ourselves. And love a-plenty!

    Love how you used the numbers and the lucky token. The burlap strip is perfect for November - glad you used it. And the butterfly - oh yeah!

    Another perfect tag with great meaning.
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!