Pages

Wednesday, December 7, 2016

March "Theme"


Here are the options for this month’s theme (the bold one is my choice): Daylight Savings Time Begins, St. Patrick’s Day, First day of Spring (March Equinox, Easter

I just played to create this tag.  I used an embossing folder to add clocks to the paper which I had colored using various Distress Inks.  The clock face was cut from a Cricut file, and I added a backing made from Alcohol Ink on glossy paper; the clock was topped with gears and hands from my stash.

The beads came from a stash of costume jewelry that was given to me; I strung them on a piece of wire and added it diagonally to the tag.  A hand-died piece of ribbon is added to the top along with a Moments charm.

The tag was then mounted on a piece of yellow cardstock.





sig3new

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you're posting each tag and telling all about it. I repeat myself - it's good to be able to read about your thought processes and step-by-step processes as I look at each tag. I never noticed that you used the embossing folder! Love the yellow-ish inks on the actual tag ... reminds me of a beautiful sunrise and daylight! The yellow backing to the tag emphasizes those colors even more.

    The alcohol inks on the backing to the clock face is perfect; love the ancient look and is a great border for the clock face! Oh - and the gears, the gears. That accent is perfect - very "old world-ly" and marries up nicely with the whole piece.

    The large clock rubbing peeking out from behind the clock face is great. Also old world-ly!

    The colors of the beads and the colors on the seam binding? A nice blend to the tag.

    Wish it was Daylight Savings Time right now.

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!