Pages

Wednesday, December 14, 2016

July "Thing"



 

Throughout this project, I have been stumped as to what to do with the photos.  Not this month!  As soon as I saw the picture, I knew exactly what I was going to do.
I wanted to make it appear as though the photo is part of the background.  I played around with the fence and the “hay” behind it.  Then I had the idea to cut trees to make the tag into a 3D scene.  I originally colored the sky with just shades of blue Distress Ink, but then I decided to add some yellow tones as well, making it appear as if the sun was shining behind the clouds.  The trees were cut using my Cricut Explore, and I colored them with Distress Inks as well as crumpling the paper to give the trees even more texture.

The “7” is colored with various alcohol inks, and I added a star on top of the star in the photo.  I used some copper glitter paper for the background and a copper “ribbon” for the tag tie.
What an idyllic scene … deep in the heart of Texas!
 

 

Here is her original photo:



sig3new

1 comment:

  1. Genius. Making the photo the background. Genius. I love it - and especially the star on top of the star. The sky certainly does look like a sky - just before a storm. The "hay" was a good idea, too ... lots of hay deep in the heart of Texas.

    Great job!
    xo
    SuZeQ

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing your comments! Thanks for visiting!